Saturday, August 7, 2010

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND!....




"Oh! We're BEST friends! We're going to be together forever and never stop talking and tell each other EVERYTHING!"

Heard it before?

Yeah, I thought so.

Here's something else you might have heard: (Three months later) "Yeah...I've been really busy..." *Crickets*

I call these my HI!/Bye, loser! friends. Yeah, there are fair-weather friends, there's fowl-weather friends...and then there's the 'I like you for a while and then you get boring and I go on to the next poor soul who's stupid enough to let me suck the life out of it.'


Maybe we all have 'em, or maybe my luck just sucks majorly, but it seems like that's all I'm starting to hear.... Even from the people I thought would never abandon me.


Yet, here I lie.


Friendship is so fake now-a-days...people just want to hear what they want to hear. If you don't give them what they want, they leave you in the dust with a nice 'Screw you!' sticker on your forehead and tire-tracks across your middle.

Pretty soon you won't be able to see me anymore, just tire-tracks and stickers from burned-out friendships. It's all I'll talk about, think about, cry about. It sounds pretty awful...But what can I do? It seems like I'm powerless against this fake-friendship monster. It's chewed me up real good and has now spat out the remains, which - let me tell you - ain't MUCH.

You know, people SUCK.

I don't have ONE friend who's stuck with me for the long-haul. Pretty soon they get bored of me...or annoyed...or angry...and that's the end. They can't work it out, they can't tell me what's wrong...they can't fix ANYTHING! I'm tired of it! It makes me sick! I must be SO annoying or something! There most be something REALLY wrong with me that people don't care enough to be my friend for more than a year or two.

I guess that's just it. That's the end. That's the climax. The end of the line. The end of the rope. The end of the end. People don't care about me. Ok. Fine.

Yeah, sure I wished someone did...but I guess that's just too much to ask.

I think I'll go find a dark corner and cry. Have a nice little pity-party. Oh yeah, that makes me feel great...being a selfish git is always on my top-priority list. You know, I do my best to be a friend that sticks with you through thick and thin, and here you go leaving me dead by the road. Thanks. Thanks a LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment